Transition to plans based on people, not serial numbers
More than just a serial number. Autodesk is eliminating serial number-based subscriptions and assigning each one to a Named user.
How can you benefit from these new subscriptions?
Dedicated access for all employees, wherever and whenever they work. No more downtime because all your licenses are used.
Plans for individuals, teams and companies with specific or flexible software access, depending on how your company operates.
Optimise your licence costs. New named plans give you visibility into your usage data so you can make smarter investments for your business.
Simplified and secure license management - no need to manage network servers or keep track of anonymous serial numbers.
Top 10 reasons to switch to named user
When you move to plans with named users, you can expect a much more relevant user experience - more effective collaboration, more constructive ideas and more convenient time saving.
1. The named user model is better suited to current business practices and streamlines administrative work.
2. New plan options offer a range of administration, support, monitoring and reporting options tailored to the size and needs of your business.
3. You can view your usage data and determine in the future who in your team needs special or flexible access.
4. You have 1:1 software access, so your employees always have the tools they need when they need them, and downtime is avoided when all licences are used.
5. You can view usage frequency by product and version to optimise your licensing costs.
6. In the future, you will be able to analyse collaboration data and find new ways to make your team more productive.
7. Replace the need to track serial numbers with an efficient cloud-based approach to license management.
8. Security features, such as two-factor authentication in a standard plan or single sign-on in a premium plan, ensure your design data is safe.
9. TRADE-IN OFFERS - If you have a multi-user subscription when you next renew before 7 August 2023, you can trade in one seat for two standard subscriptions for one named user each, at a cost equal to what you currently pay.
For current standalone or networked maintenance plans, you can swap a standalone or networked maintenance seat for a standard subscription (swap a standalone seat and get single-user access; swap a networked seat and get multi-user access) at a similar price to what you pay for maintenance in 2019 at your first renewal before 7 May 2021. After the trade-in, Network Maintenance Plan customers can also take advantage of the multi-user trade-in at their next renewal before 7 August 2023.
10. Keep your costs at what you pay today, get more value, and enjoy ongoing reductions through 2028*.
Switching to named user plans is faster and easier than you think
In a few simple steps, you can access a more relevant user experience, including collaboration, personalised learning content and information.
Step 1 : Add users - In the standard plan, you can invite one or more users or import a file for a bulk invitation. The premium plan offers a one-time registration using company credentials. After the initial enrollment, users have access to all Autodesk products to which they are assigned and are automatically added to your user list.
Step 2 : Assign users - assign users to your subscriptions one at a time, or import a file to add and assign many users to a specific product at once.
Step 3 : Change your network license - There are two ways to do this. You can automate this for all users' devices using a support program, or you can have users do it themselves on their own device.
Step 4 : Inform users - Inform your users of the new login process. The next time they open their software on the device they are working on, they will be prompted to log in without having to enter a serial number or reinstall the software.
You and your users are ready to enjoy the benefits of our new plans, such as product usage reports.
Find your nearest Autodesk Authorised Reseller
Autodesk Authorised Resellers come in all shapes and sizes – selecting the one that’s right for you will help you reach your goals faster, more economically and help your over-deliver to your customers.
Find your nearest Autodesk Authorised Reseller HERE
Do you have a question? Enter your details to get in touch with one of our team members.
Your personal data will only be used for the processing of your request for information or registration and will be automatically deleted after 30 days. More information can be found in our privacy statement.